Other Common Names:
Scientific Name: Ficus benghalensis
English name: Banyan bark
Tamil Name: Aalam Pattai / ஆலம் பேட்டை
Malayalam Name: baniyan puranteali / ബനിയൻ പുറംതൊലി
Hindi name: / बरगद का पेड़
Telugu name: Marri cettu / మర్రి చెట్టు
The banyan is known as the National tree of India. The banyan tree is regarded as a sacred tree and also worshipped by many peoples in India. The banyan tree is mainly found in warm and tropical regions worldwide. According to Ayurveda, the banyan tree is used for treating various diseases and infections. The parts of the banyan tree such as bark, leaves, and seeds had benefits for various diseases.
- Prevents tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bark of the banyan tree is a good immune-boosting agent.
- It controls bacterial and fungal infections.
- The bark of the banyan tree works great in lowering bad cholesterol.
- Banyan tree bark, as well as leaves, can treat vaginal infections.
Dosage of Banyan Tree Bark Powder:
Take 2 to 3 grams of the banyan tree bark powder and blend it with water or honey to make a paste. Apply the paste of Banyan bark to the affected area to get quick relief in sunburned areas.