Other Common Names:
Scientific Name: Santalum album
English name: Sandalwood
Tamil Name: Santhanam / சந்தன
Malayalam Name: candanam / ചന്ദനം
Hindi name: chandan / चंदन
Telugu name: Candanam / చందనం
Sandalwood powder is an aromatic evergreen tree of the genus Santalum with a big, yellow-colored, and elegant wood. Sandalwood powder treats skin-related problems like breakouts, pimples, dark spots, and dark circles. Sandalwood Powder is a skin food for all skin types, and the beauteous aroma of sandalwood makes you calm. It is the second-costliest wood in the world after African Blackwood, and it has numerous medicinal properties.
- Sandalwood helps in the removal of dark spots and reduces pigmentation.
- Traditionally used as masks and scrubs for cleansing and rejuvenating the skin
- Also, removes dead skin cells, dirt, and pollutants from your skin.
- It is very effective in removing scars and softening the skin.
- The anti-bacterial properties in this powder may help to treat acne and pimples.
- One of the best home remedies for removing sun tan and reducing sunburns.
How to Prepare(Face Pack):
- Take the required amount of sandalwood powder.
- Mix it with rose water.
- Apply it to the face.
- Rinse off after 15 to 20 minutes.
Dosage of Sandalwood Powder:
Take 1 to 3 grams of Sandalwood powder and mix it with water or honey on an empty stomach to improve the function of the liver. Regular consumption of this powder fights against free radicals and prevents liver cell damage.